OK, let’s start this blog entry with a question — Am I the only one that can’t get enough of the reality TV show Project Runway? It’s a run away hit if you ask me. I hate to admit it, but I feel my secret is safe on the internet.
I don’t think that I have an eye for fashion or any design abilities that involve fabric, but this is one of the few industries that I dont know anything about and wanted to learn more. If I had to be on a reality show, I would want to be on Project Runway. I have developed an optimum playing strategy to win this show. I have some tried and tested tips for future contenders on Project Runway. Tried yes, but not tested to be honest. I only conducted one very informal survey and this was just a ploy to get a phone number of one of the models. Let’s put it on the table, these tips have not been tried or tested I just dont know why I stated that earlier.
Here we go:
- You can’t have enough sequins, but leave the Bedazzler at home.
- Tight is in, but see-through is out.
- Use pinking sheers (not sure what they are, but they sound funny).
- If someone wears small sunglasses, use oversized sunglasses. If someone uses oversized sunglasses, use ski goggles.
- Don’t compromise your vision, unless your vision doesn’t involve cleavage of some sort.
- Drink Fiji water and smoke filterless cigarillos.
- If by chance something you designed looks wearable, make it shorter/longer, hem at an angle, add a layer of puffiness, and stick something protruding from one shoulder.
- Everything can be used for inspiration and everything includes a JC Penny catalog.
- On the business side of fashion, learn to name drop: Agatha, Custo, Louis, and R.
- Mock tears are good when trying to explain what went horribly wrong with your design.